AREAS OF PRACTICE
About Our Firm
United States Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DOD), National Security Agency (NSA), Central Security Service (CSS)
- Before fighting for his clients’ rights, Lee was fighting for the safety of our nation in the United States Air Force. He graduated from an elite training unit as a Signals Intelligence and Network Reconstruction Analyst. Lee was trusted with protecting very sensitive and highly perishable military intelligence while training and implementing the most cutting-edge technology against sophisticated methods of cyberattacks and enemy warfare on a global scale. From a standpoint of national defense, Lee was tasked with cybersecurity, operational security, and information security in an increasingly hostile world of automated and computerized warfare. Lee’s inside knowledge of the deeper workings of the government and intelligence agencies from serving in the USAF and the NSA instilled in him a sense of duty and honor; two traits he carries with him into the practice of law and the defense of his clients. Lee’s Client’s First, Justice Always approach to defending his clients began with a 100% success rate for his missions. Lee’s counter-narcotics and counter-terrorism missions started Lee on his first steps towards his career as a defense attorney, and earned Lee medals for Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan), and a multitude of other medals related to his work as an intelligence professional.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York (CUNY)
- After the U.S. Air Force, Lee attended John Jay College of Criminal Justice in New York City, where he earned his Arts in Humanities and Justice Studies. At John Jay, Lee honed his skills in the fields of criminal justice, civil rights, and forensic science, as he learned from some of the foremost experts in their fields with practical training beyond the classroom with real world application. While at John Jay, Lee helped revive the Creative Writing Association (CWA) and was a member of Sigma Tau Delta (The International English Honor Society). He graduated from John Jay Summa Cum Laude with minors in History, Literature, and Philosophy. The skills Lee acquired at John Jay have allowed him to use close textual analysis, advanced level research methods, and investigative techniques to stay current in the fields of criminal justice and law.
New York Law School (NYLS)
- While in law school, Lee volunteered wherever he could to get inside a courtroom and litigate on behalf of low income and pro se (self-represented) clients. In his first year, Lee volunteered for the Volunteer Lawyer for a Day (VLFD) program where he successfully litigated over 150 pro bono cases in the Consumer Debt Division in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the Bronx. While volunteering with VLFD, Lee continued to help low income tenants and landlords in the pro bono Resolution Assistance Program (RAP) in Queens. For his efforts, Lee was awarded the Pro Bono Service Award by the Unified Court System of New York. In his second year of law school, Lee intensified his focus on criminal law while interning at a federal criminal defense litigation firm handling high profile clients and Criminal Justice Agency (CJA) assignments. Lee’s focus on surveillance technology, computer networking and hacking, and data collection and mining propelled his firm to successful defenses of its clients in cases ranging from international murder for hire, illicit drug manufacturing, and human trafficking to insider trading and mortgage fraud. While honing his skills in criminal law, Lee’s interest in immigration law was piqued, as he saw immigration as a modern civil rights movement. Lee began volunteering with the Safe Passage Project representing undocumented juvenile immigrants and refugees seeking status in initial removal (deportation) proceedings. Lee’s specialties included Asylum and Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS) applications. Lee distinguished himself as a stand-out law student when he was awarded the Pro Bono Service Award by New York Law School.
Koch Law, Private Practice
- Now, in his private law practice at Koch Law, Lee draws on his unique and highly specialized experience to work tirelessly for his clients as a zealous defense advocate by providing the best legal representation tailored specifically to each individual client. On the forefront of cybercrime and Crimmigration (the intersection of criminal and immigration law), Lee and his firm follow Lee’s Client’s First, Justice Always approach to tailoring legal representation to each individual client’s needs by assessing his clients’ desired outcomes, financial burdens, and collateral legal issues. Lee’s military experience coupled with his criminal and immigration defense work provide him with a unique insight into the liability his clients face in the face of government prosecution. Lee has successfully defended clients in the state and federal system ranging from simple drug possession to international narcotic trafficking, aggravated driving while intoxicated (DWI), sex crimes, assaults, grand larceny, and removal (deportation).
In contrast to large law firms, Koch Law only handles a limited number of cases, ensuring supreme quality and plenty of time per client. Koch Law handles both criminal and immigration-related cases. You can find client reviews on Avvo.com.
We work to find the best solution for your unique case. Strategies include, but are not limited to, preventing formal charges, getting the case dismissed, conducting an aggressive trial, or negotiating a plea deal.
To help decide if our firm is a good fit for you, we offer risk-free consultations in person or over the phone. During the initial consultation, you can ask any questions you may have. Typical questions include:
– What is my case about?
– What type of sentence might I get if convicted?
– What are the collateral consequences of taking a plea?
– How can you get my case dismissed?
– How do we fight the charges?
– What are your fees?
Once you speak with us during your free case consultation, you’ll see that Koch Law is focused on giving you the attention you deserve. We are dedicated to helping you defend your rights while guiding you through the complex judicial system.
Since every case is unique and demands various resources and time, we will have to speak with you to learn the intricacies of your particular case. We have fixed and hourly rates; after we have discussed the facts of your case, we will work with you to find the fee structure that works for you. Unlike other attorneys who quote simple prices for complex legal issues leaving their clients to fend for themselves if the case gets too expensive, we are always straightforward with our fees before you retain us.
Please contact us or call us at 1-844-KOCH-LAW for payment options and a personalized quote.