AREAS OF PRACTICE
NYC Immigration Lawyer
Visa and Immigration Lawyers
Koch Law is a full-service New York City immigration law firm that is experienced in helping people in all areas of the immigration and visa process. Our experienced immigration lawyers are professionals who have helped people in the following areas of immigration:
- Green Cards
- Child and Family Immigration
- Immigration Crimes Defense
- Asylum Claims
This is not a complete list. The path towards earning a visa or citizenship is complex and confusing. Your visa or immigration application could actually require a combination of applications in order to be successful. One wrong answer could be the difference between whether you are approved or denied.
It is important to know that if you make a false statement on an immigration application, no matter how small or innocent, it could be used against you when the federal government decides on your case. A false statement can even result in criminal charges related to fraud! If you live in or around New York city and have any questions about anything related to federal immigration law, then it is important to seek the advice of an experienced immigration attorney.
US Immigration News
Immigration News in the US comes almost every day. Issues related to citizenship, visas, children, and other immigration law both dominate headlines and terrify non-citizens. Experienced immigration attorneys have noted the US trending in the direction of making immigration as difficult as possible in recent years. Examples of recent immigration news affecting New York city immigration cases include the following:
- Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA) rules to give asylum claimants less due process for their immigration cases. Here, an asylum claimant was denied his chance to claim asylum without the assistance of an immigration attorney when an immigration judge set an arbitrary deadline that wasn’t met.
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals blocks the federal government from detaining migrant children in hotels after being separated from their families at the southern border. The US government had partnered with local hotels to illegally detain migrant children against the Flores Agreement which required children to be housed in licensed children’s facilities.
- US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) looks to increase immigration and associated citizenship fees, and a California federal court temporarily blocks measure. Immigration Fees will stay at their current levels unless a higher US Court reverses the decision and allows USCIS to increase immigration processing fees.
This news changes daily as the fight for immigrant rights continues. As you may have noticed above, US policy has not been kind to immigrants recently. Experienced immigration attorneys see these obstacles that are put in the way of non-citizens on a daily basis in immigration court. If you have any questions about the news above or need any other New York City immigration or citizenship help, then contact one of our experienced immigration lawyers who can best serve you.
Why Choose an Immigration Attorney to Help You?
If you live in New York City and are looking for immigration help, then hiring an experienced NYC immigration lawyer can be just what you need. The federal laws and procedure of immigration change almost daily as news regarding immigration is more common than ever.
Whether you are interested in citizenship, a visa to work in the US, or looking to sponsor a child through family immigration, an experienced New York City immigration lawyer can come to your defense and help guide you through the federal immigration system. Partnering with an experienced immigration attorney can help you avoid common pitfalls and defend you in more complex associated situations involving crimes.
If you are looking for an immigration lawyer in Manhattan or one of the other boroughs of New York city, Koch Law is available to serve you now. To speak to one of our experienced immigration lawyers, please follow the directions below.
No Fee Immigration Consultation
At Koch Law, we don’t charge any fees for an initial consultation. We understand that in your search to hire the best immigration lawyer in NYC, you may need to speak to multiple immigration lawyers near you before deciding who you would like to partner with.
At Koch Law, we lean on our experience in New York City immigration cases to best help you achieve future success. We treat our clients like family, and any discussions about your immigration case will be kept private even if you hire another immigration lawyer. To speak to one of our New York city immigration lawyers, call toll free at (844) 562-4529 or contact us online here.